- City Departments
- Office of the City Manager
Office of the City Manager
City Manager Doug Schulze was appointed by the City Council in October 2018. He is a native of Minnesota and has served six local governments since 1992. He holds a Master of Art’s degree in Urban and Regional Studies and a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration from Minnesota State University – Mankato. He has been an International City/County Management Association Credentialed Manager since 2003. Schulze served as a commissioned officer in the Minnesota Army National Guard from 1987–1995. Prior to taking the position with the City of Banning, Schulze served as:
· City Manager – Bainbridge Island, WA, 2012 – 2018
· City Manager – Normandy Park, WA, 2006 – 2012
· City Manager – Medina, WA, 1996 – 2006
· City Administrator – Sandstone, MN, 1992 – 1996
· Assistant City Administrator – Savage, MN, 1988 - 1992
Doug was elected to the Washington City/County Management Association Board of Directors in 2008 and as Vice President of the Washington City/County Management Association in 2011. He served as President of the Washington City/County Management Association in 2012 - 13. He served as a Board Member of the Association of Washington Cities and has served on numerous International City Management Association committees, including the Conference Planning Committee, Conference Evaluation Committee, Sustainable Cities Advisory Committee, Credentialing Advisory Board and the Government Affairs & Policy Committee.
Doug and his wife, Lisa, have two adult sons and a daughter.
99 East Ramsey Street
Banning, CA 92220
Phone: (951) 922-4860
Fax: (951) 922-3128
The City Manager is appointed by the City Council to serve as the chief administrative officer of the City.
- Coordinates the various City services
- Prepares proposals for City Council consideration
- Implements City Council policy
- Email City Manager