Video - Spanish Version
On April 27, 2021, Banning City Council approved a new Franchise Agreement with Waste Management of the Inland Empire for Residential and Commercial Garbage, Recyclable Materials and Organics Waste Collection, Transportation, Recycling and Disposal Services. The Franchise Agreement helps ensure that the City complies with State solid waste regulations.
Scheduled Residential Rate Increase:
Residential rates will increase in the amount of $1.36 beginning July 1, 2022, and in the amount of $1.36 beginning July 1, 2023.
Annual Rate Adjustments:
On June 22, 2021, under Resolution 2021-49, City Council authorized annual rate adjustments beginning July 1, 2022, and on each July 1 thereafter through 2025, based on the percentage increase of the Consumer Price Index (CPI-U) published by the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, for All Urban Consumers in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario area, using the change in the 12-month annual average of CPI-U index values between the January to December period of the prior year (the previous year), an the January to December period of the year before the prior year (the prior previous year). The annual adjustment will be at least one percent (1.00%)(the “Floor) and cannot exceed four percent (4.00%) (the “Cap”). In the event that the annual CPI adjustment exceeds the Cap or is less than the Floor, the amount above the Cap or below the Floor shall be carried over into any succeeding years until such time as it may be applied without violating the Cap and Floor limits.
- Saves money for residents and businesses from costly landfill visits
- Recycling saves energy and reduces possible pollutants that would otherwise be released from mining and refining raw materials
- Recycled products slow down the amount of non-renewable resources used, therefore reducing mining and drilling operations and saving natural areas
- Find out how you can take part
- Bulky-Item clean up dates for Banning residents are scheduled in the months of January, May & October.
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collections: Click Here for Schedule.