What help can a citizen get if they wish to get rid of an unwanted vehicle?
The Department offers a "Voluntary Release" option in which the Code Enforcement Community Service Officer will come to the property where the vehicle is located, obtain a signed Voluntary Release form, and arrange for the vehicle to be towed away, at no charge to the person who has the authority to sign the Voluntary Release. Any vehicle taken by this action is disposed of by a certified dismantler and may not be sold in a lien sale by the towing company. Please leave a message if no one is available to answer the phone or if it is after business hours. Please remember to leave a call-back phone number.

Show All Answers

1. As a property owner, why can't I keep my property exactly the way I want it?
2. Can I dry my clothes on a clothesline in my yard?
3. Can I leave my car sitting up on jacks in my driveway?
4. Can I live in a building without electricity or water?
5. Can I store things on my roof?
6. What is substandard housing?
7. How can I get help if I have a problem with my landlord?
8. How can I contact the Riverside County Superior Court?
9. How can I contact the Fair Housing Council?
10. How can I get rid of insects or rodents?
11. How can I make sure my house or apartment is safe from Lead Based Paint hazards?
12. How long can my family or visitors live in a motor home on my property?
13. Should I be worried about stagnant water on my property?
14. What constitutes a sign violation?
15. What kinds of animals and how many can I keep on residential property?
16. What is the Abandoned Vehicle Abatement (AVA) Program?
17. What vehicles fall under the AVA Program?
18. What help can a citizen get if they wish to get rid of an unwanted vehicle?
19. How do I report a public nuisance vehicle?
20. What is involved in the AVA Program process?