Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
1. Completed application with all required information provided including State or Federal valid identification, Social Security Number, Date of Birth of all applicants.
2. Proof of ownership or authorization of tenancy. Please note – all names listed on these documents are required to be on the Utility Bill – all applicants are equally liable for all charges and fees.
a. Closing Escrow Statementb. Signed Rental/Lease Agreement must state what utilities tenant is responsible for paying ie: water, electric, trash, sewer….
3. Persons, firms and corporations conducting business within the service area of the City of Banning must have a current business license in order to establish service.
4. All New Service Establishment Fees MUST be paid at time of application submittal.
5. Deposits – based on credit history with City of Banning – MUST be paid at time of application submittal.
Deposits are based on credit worthiness and range from one (1) to three (3) times the average monthly bill.
Waiver of Deposits will be considered if a Letter of Credit from previous utility is provided stating the account had no more than one (1) late payment within the previous twelve (12) months or if you have had service in the City of Banning in the most previous twelve (12) months with no more than one (1) late payment and no non-honored payments.
6. Any other reasonable information the City of Banning may require to establish utility service.
If all requirements are met, services can be established the next business day.
Applicant Data Requirements City Ordinance 2012-61 Adopted by City Council July 24, 2012.
The following information must be provided to complete a request for disconnect by Online form or email: name, address, account number, date of birth, last four digits of the social security number, date of disconnect, and forwarding address. Click the adjacent link to access the Online Request Form. Utility Service Disconnection Request